Level Crossing Removal Authority
7:00 AM Implementing New Station Technologies to Mitigate Risks during Project Construction & Delivery
Safety is paramount to station & terminal construction.
The removal of aging infrastructure such as dangerous level crossings has lead to improved, networks and revitalised local communities. This workshop will unpack the role of new technologies in ensuring maximum safety in live operating environments.
Enjoy a Complimentary Breakfast, Tea & Coffee while you learn to
- Exploring the benefits of new station technologies such as building information modeling (BIM), future modeling and prefabrication
- Accessing how new station technologies have helped stakeholders increase productivity and better understand how their customers use the stations
- Strategies to increase productivity during the construction phase by predicting any issues or risks before construction starts.
- Measuring the role of data analysis in optimizing the development of modern stations & terminals
9:30 AM CASE STUDY: Level Crossings Removal Project, Removing Safety Concerns and Encouraging Urban Growth
Over the course of eight years the Level Crossings Removal Authority will oversee the removal of 50 dangerous and congested level crossings across Melbourne. This 8.3 billion dollar rail project will also develop 23 stations within the space of 4 years which will have significant benefits to the community. This session will include:
- Exploring how the Level Crossings Removal Project has delivered safety improvements for drivers and passengers, getting people home safer and fester
- Identifying how the removal of level crossings has removed safety risks and stimulated economic growth for local communities
- Accessing how this project delivered six months of work in six weeks during the Blackburn Road level crossings removal