Boubekeur MerabetSenior Project Manager
Boubekeur joined SNCF in 2014 as Infrastructure Project Manager. He has been working on the development of innovative optimization and communication tools for railway operation since 2014. His research interests include the optimization of maintenance depots operation, the interfaces between depots and stations and the supervision of station area operation.
7:00 AM Increasing Customer Centricity, Intermodal Connectivity and Way Finding through Station Design
The rail industry has experienced a cultural shift from station functionality to customer satisfaction and centricity as the main priority of modern station & terminal development.
This workshop will explore the best ways to increase customer centricity at stations & terminals.
Enjoy a Complimentary Breakfast, Tea & Coffee while you learn to
- Strategies to implement ease of way finding to increase foot traffic
- Identifying the importance of integration with other modes of transport and accessibility for all customers
- Exploring effective strategies of scheduling and timetabling to minimize disruptions for the customer
- Exploring the importance of Design to increase the aesthetic value of stations and ease of way finding.
9:30 AM INTERNATIONAL CASE STUDY: Montparnesse Station, Paris, How Developers can Preserve the Heritage of Rail Infrastructure while Increasing Functionality
Montparnesse station is one of the major railway stations serving the city of Paris. It is used by passengers taking the TCV high speed trains to reach major cities such as Bordeaux, Rennes and Nantes.
This session will explore:
- The challenges of preserving the heritage of this 178 year old station
- Strategies developers used to integrate the station within its railway facilities (depot, Rollingstock maintenance, Stations services,…)
- Exploring how new technologies such as predictive modelling software were used to predict and manage challenges of train plat forming
- How scheduling was used to prevent delays and increase foot traffic by allowing customers to travel on the same path everyday and by separating the arrival flux